From Creativity Implementation to Establishing Market Channels
As part of Asia Silicon Valley Innovation and Entrepreneurship Linking Program launched by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Solid Innovation Creativity Implementation Platform is providing an arena for startups committed to innovation on 5 specific industries: IoT, biotech and medical care, renewable energy technologies, smart mechanical technologies, national defense and aeronautical technologies with their own academic and research results as well as technical competences to verify the effectiveness of these innovative technologies or concepts. The application will be closed on March 15th 2018, 24:00, GMT+8. Subject to the team’s development and positioning, the 18 selected candidates are entitled to receive subsidies ranging from NTD 1 million to NTD 2 million.
The applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Apply as an academic and research team: for any non-corporate team which has been selected by other program sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology is eligible to apply with its identity as an academic and research team for this program. Once the final result of selection is announced, the agreement will be signed by the organization the team belongs to, such as a university or a legal person.
- Apply as a company: a startup company which is identified with the five aforementioned categories of innovative industries and have been incorporated in Taiwan after January 1, 2013 are aligible to apply with the entity of ) a company incorporated in Taiwan, b) a team, if no business entity registered yet, c) an overseas company not registered/incorporated in Taiwan yet. Nevertheless, for applicants of type b and c, the local incorporation processes in Taiwan must be completed before signing the contract. Only a business entity incorporated in Taiwan is eligible to sign the agreement with the Program.
The aspects to be considered for the selection are:
- Team members background, skills coverage and level of innovation
- Team's technical competence
- Whether the IP is patented or not
- Demand from the industry
- Feasibility of products commercialization
- Completeness and advantages of prototype production/business model
- Strength and features of products/services
- Expected return on investment